- The Writers Voice - :: View topic - Ferocious Dragon

- The Writers Voice - Forum Index - The Writers Voice -
Everyone welcome to participate.
Let your voice be heard.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ferocious Dragon
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> Global Reasoning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Ferocious Dragon Reply with quote

Tsonami in Indonesia, Katrina, Rita and now the devastating earthquake in Pakistan. The ferocious dragon of death is let loose. Ia this not an anticipation of a long chain of natural calamities? Is this not a warning to us that standing on a grain of sand we are trying to measure the vastness of the desert?
matt
Poster Pro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: The Dragon Reply with quote

Is the dragon a living organism of its own?
Clive
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: The earth is a living organism Reply with quote

We have not respected the earth so it is letting up know. What we do to this fragile planet will come back to bit us. Why are we still working with oil and not hydrogen? I think god put it there for a reason.

The earth is a living organism

The Earth Is Crying Out.

Help me and we do not hear/listen…
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Ferocious Dragon Reply with quote

Surely the earth is a living organism. We have not done justice to it. They only recompense it required from us was peace against all its facilities and we have always been destroying its peace. Consequently it seems to be revengeful and devouring human being without any discrimination.
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Ferocious Dragon Reply with quote

When men are delving in deep thoughts, silence prevails.

The ferocious dragon had suddenly caught hold of Pakistan in the form of Earthquake.
mattt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Silence is good Reply with quote

"When men are delving in deep thoughts, silence prevails."

-Ehsan Elahi Ehsan

I like that very much. In my small mind, it supports my statement originally made years ago, that everyone on earth should go into a quiet room and be quiet for a duration. (I like that personal pronoun here.) I suppose I was not the first to to think/feel that.

Your statement also clarifies the identity of the Dragon.

Ehsan Elahi Ehsan, do you like Jung?
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Ferocious Dragon Reply with quote

Yes matt, Jung and Freud are indispensable in the understanding of human psychology and human nature.

Bacon has also spoken on silence but in a diffierent context when he said that silence is the sgin of death while noise is the sign of life.

The ferocious dragron whenever and wherever it comes devastates the human pride of making progress and his claims to control the forces of Nature. However, it has one good effect as well that it unites all the human beings to re-establish and make them forget their individual identities as well as the distinction mark of the nationalities, though for a short period. If that spirit of cooperation and bondag could be sustained thoughout!
DaveR
Valued Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thnk Bacon was wrong. Silence is not a sign of death. We can live with silence. We can live with darkness. We cannot live without thinking.
Does the Ferocious Dragon have power over your mind?
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Ferocious Dragon Reply with quote

DavrR, I agree with you that silence is not a singe of death.
We can live in darkness but that will mean living for ourslves alone.
We cannot live without thinking at all, because when you are saying that you can live without thinking, you are thinking.
DaveR
Valued Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehsan, I do agree with you. I did say we CANNOT live without thinking. Or to say it another way, we think as long as we are alive, except for those individuals who are temporarily able to put themselves into a trance.

Where does this put the Ferocious Dragon? The Dragon can bring silence and darkness, but he/she does not bring death as long as we are thinking.
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Ferocious Dragon Reply with quote

You are perfectly right DaveR. Sorry for the confusion. I missed "not" from "cannot".
DaveR
Valued Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehsan, do you ever wonder why the earth is as it is? For example, over time oil was created deep in the earth. Was there a purpose? Were we supposed to discover oil and use it as an energy source?
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Ferocious Dragon Reply with quote

DaveR, there is nothing purposeless, not even the ferocious dragon. We need to think deeply about the creation of the universe and earth. Ultimately all the things go to One Supreme Spirit but we have bcome too proud of our accomplishments and have forgotten Him in this pride. Otherwise "there is a divinity even in the fall of a sparrow".
mattt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: The Dragon Reply with quote

I'd like to comment about Dave's question concerning the Dragon's effect, or lack of it, in an individual.

Those so insulated as to not feel anything at all, are what used to be called sociopaths. That does not imply that each must recognize the same effects, nor the same epicentres. It does mean that we feel something, and thus, react. Reaction does not have to mean we act overtly. It can be sitting in a quiet place and thinking. That action, is superior to most
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Ferocious Dragon Reply with quote

You are right matt (I don't know Dave will agree or not) but even those "who stand still and wait" are serving humanity in their own way.
DaveR
Valued Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Ferocious Dragon Reply with quote

ehsan elahi ehsan wrote:
We need to think deeply about the creation of the universe and earth.

I wonder if that is true. Our poor minds beome too confused when we think deeply about the creation of the universe and earth. We need faith to soothe us.
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Ferocious Dragon Reply with quote

DaveR, we are only the particles of an encompassing whole, yet we have to think about the whole as long as we can do. God Himself commands us to do that "Why do they not think about Me and My Universe, so that they get wisdom"
DaveR
Valued Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"When men are delving in deep thoughts, silence prevails."

-Ehsan Elahi Ehsan

That is beautiful and insightful. It implies many truths. Yes, Matt, the action of deep thought, is superior to most actions. I picture a man reflecting peacefully while the world around him is in turmoil.

But thought is a complex activity, and there are many types of thoughts.
There are rational problem solving thoughts, mathematical, logical. Creative thoughts, artistic. Thoughts of revenge. Thoughts of power and money. Thoughts of love. Thoughts of why the Dragon exists. Thoughts of why we think rather than have faith.

Yes Ehsan, even those "who stand still and wait" are serving humanity in their own way. In fact they may be serving humanity better than others.
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Ferocious Dragon Reply with quote

DaveR, you are right. Thought is a complex activity and there are different types of thought. Whatever the motive or the result of it, silence prevails in this process. Moreover, the "delving deep" has also different degrees.
Heidi
Valued Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Degrees Reply with quote

I would agree with you Eshan, the delving deep does have different degrees (though I'm not entirley sure what those would be myself), what do you think the different degrees are in delving deeply into oneself or others?
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Ferocious Dragon Reply with quote

It depends upon the mental capability of the thinker. Those who have been bestowed upon broad-mindedness, they encompass the whole sphere of life, of self, of others, of the universe, and the Creater. They are given the degree of being among the best of mankind.
Heidi
Valued Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: degrees Reply with quote

Ah, I see. very interesting Eshan thanks for your input. Cool
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Ferocious Dragon Reply with quote

Thank youuuu Heidi because you provide an inspiration and a creative spur.
Heidi
Valued Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the compliment Eshan! Wink
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Ferocious Dragon Reply with quote

You deserved it Heidi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> Global Reasoning All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: