- The Writers Voice - :: View topic - On Saying Please

- The Writers Voice - Forum Index - The Writers Voice -
Everyone welcome to participate.
Let your voice be heard.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

On Saying Please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> Global Reasoning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: On Saying Please Reply with quote

It costs us nothing on saying 'please' but it goes a long way is shaping a healthy human society Is that right?
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: On Saying Please Reply with quote

Hello, how do you do? you are welcome, thank you very much, if you don't mind, if you allow me to.., it will be a matter of great pleasure to me, can you plese help me....etc,
How small and how forceful words are these!
saail ehsan
Poster Want-2-B

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: On saying sorry Reply with quote

Sorry,please, thank you, and you welcome are such words which can change a foe into a friend and can establish an unforgetble relationship with other.
Few years back, when I was going somewhere, an elderly man hit my motorbike, besides he got angry at me that it's my fault.I knew very well that it was not mine, even then I begged his pardon and said,"Sorry it was my fault." These words did a magical work on him. He realized his on fault and was getting apologtic and said, "No son, it was my fault, I'm really sorry for that." And then we departed just like friends with Smile smiling faces[/b]
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Heidi
Valued Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: saying please Reply with quote

Ehsan I think you are right in your comments, saying something as simple as please or I'm sorry can have a powerful affect on people. I recently went through some trials with my friends and my new boyfriend. He did something he shouldn't have and while he did apologize in an e-mai it seemed more like an excuse. Until I made him verbally apologize it seemed like his apology wasn't sincere, but once he told me was sorry in person on his own, then it felt sincere and right. Just thought I'd share my own example to show the power of those two little words (I'm sorry). Cool
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: On Saying Please Reply with quote

Heidi, the same positive change which these words bring to the individuals is spreading on to society and making us feel a bit more pleasant.
Clive
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Just a smile Reply with quote

Walking through the mall the other day I made eye contact with a man from east India and as our eyes met he lowered his head. I said how are you doing a typical greet for me to a stranger, he replied hello very well. I said looks like a nice day to go fishing he said it is wonderful weather for the time. Then we began to talk about fish and how the fish caught in glacial water close to 0 Fahrenheit tasted so much better then a warm lake or reservoir. If the fish is cooked before it is a hour old it would be a different texture one to savour.

A conversation was quickly developed with just a simple statement about fishing.

We shared a few smiles and then went on our way feeling better about the day.
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: On Saying Please Reply with quote

Thus good words are the reflection of our good will to others, and a healthy attitude to look at life and people. If this habit had been cultivated in men, life would have been presenting a different facet to us.
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: On Saying Please Reply with quote

Politics, however, has a different dictionary. In this dictionary every word has a different face to show other than it is.
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: On Saying Please Reply with quote

When men are delving in deep thoughts, silence prevails.
Paul Grimsley
Valued Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Politicians speak sentences that have trapdoors in them, and where civility is concerned with them it's often a very thin veneer that bit of questioning scrapes off as easy as wiping condensation of a window. I think manners on the whole are disappearing, as evidenced by the need for specific lessons on citizenship in schools. I suppose with the fragmentation of communities into little islands that are merely satellites of supermarkets you can't expect much communal feeling and this isn't perhaps the best kind of environment to foster people to whom "please" and "thank you" come naturally.
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: On Saying Please Reply with quote

Hello psgri2003, well come to this forum.
The politicians have their own manners and every body knows where from they speak, from their heart or from their diplomacy. It is in the general behaviour of the common people, when they come across one another and use good words, show good actions, that counts towards the improvement of society.
Paul Grimsley
Valued Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ehsan, I hope you are in fine fettle.
It's sometimes difficult to carry out the practice of politeness though (not that I think it should be easy). But say for instance I was to say good morning to someone, firstly they would see a male of a certain age with a shaved head and they would jump to certain conclusions. When I worked in retail I was told that this was an anti-social haircut to have; when I had hair that stretched down my back I was told the same. People take one look at you and think they know what sort of person you are and it can be difficult to overcome this hardwiring. I know persistence is the key, but banging your head against a wall (especially with no hair to protect it) can be very painful.
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: On Saying Please Reply with quote

Paul Grimsley, there is always a third possibility, and so in between the short cut and the long hair.
Paul Grimsley
Valued Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only a third possibility if genetics doesn't lead your hair away like the pied piper of hamelin with his rats. Very Happy
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: OnSaying Please Reply with quote

Yet it is better to "stand and stare"
Paul Grimsley
Valued Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, of course not. The difficulty I am talking of doesn't dissuade me that it is right to persist.
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: On Saying Please Reply with quote

Paul, to persist rightfully against difficulties brings consolation and comfort.
Paul Grimsley
Valued Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. If you fail to persist in practicing what you believe then how strong are your beliefs? I think I was also trying to say, which perhaps I did not do very effectively, is that it is wrong to make a judgement predicated on appearance, and people's small-mindedness get's in the way. i don't cut my hair to offend someone so why should they take my appearance as a personal slight? Unless I behave in a way that confirms the stereotype they have no right to act as if that is what I am.
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: On Saying Please Reply with quote

Paul, sometimes we percieve the reaction of the people based on their appearances, and our perception is not always right.
ehsan elahi ehsan
Valued Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: On Saying Please Reply with quote

"Please," what a wonderful word this is!
That does not hurt anybody's feelings
And gives us a sense of human dignity
And wins for us a mutual respect.
If you say it just as a fomality
Even then it works on others
And makes them to think
There is no need to be angry
But if you say it from the depth of your heart
It can win for you, an ever lasting respect
A love that would spread
From man to man and make
This world full of fragrance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    - The Writers Voice - Forum Index -> Global Reasoning All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: